How to enable cross-domain consent
Cross-domain consent is useful when you want to collect user's consent across multiple domains using a single cookie banner.
Cross-domain consent is useful when you want to collect user's consent across multiple domains using a single cookie banner. It is good for the user experience when you redirect users to multiple websites/domains. You can see a video of the functionality here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vejoxVS109M.
Follow these steps to enable cross-domain consent. We assume that you have already added your domains inside the domain management panel, and onboarding is complete for all domains.
1. Install Secure Privacy script on all domains.
2. Click on All Domains and navigate to Domains page.
3. Scroll the table to the right, where you can see Domain Consent Group.
4. Edit the column Domain Consent Group for all the domains on which you want to enable cross-domain consent.
5. Make sure that the enable of each group is the same. For example in the below image the Group name is GroupA.
6. Once done, cross-domain consent is enabled for these domains.
Want to try
Get your free cookie banner up and running today!
That also interest you
Data Subject Access Requests: Do's and Don’ts in Handling GDPR DSARs
Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) are one of the less-talked-about GDPR requirements, but failure to handle them correctly could land your company in trouble.
ePrivacy Regulation vs GDPR: 4 Key Differences
The ePrivacy Regulation was set to come into force alongside the GDPR on May 25, 2018, but delays in the approval phase meant its implementation was delayed.
EDPB Guidelines on Targeting Social Media Users: 4 Quick Compliance Tips
EDPB guidelines on targeting social media users published in September 2020 bring new GDPR compliance obligations that social media service providers and targeters need to adopt.